Taranis Thunderers, Strength and Honour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Taranis Thunderers, Strength and Honour

{TT} S.A.H. Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Army proportions?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Army proportions? Empty
PostSubject: Army proportions?   Army proportions? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 10:23 pm

Okay, so they say it's wise to have 2 times the defense of your population, or more. But what about relative propotions?

Currently, I aim to have 300 Phalanx, 150 Druidriders, and 150 Haeduans as a protective force for a city of 300 population. I figured having 50% infantry 50% cavalry would be a good idea?

But what about attacking units? Should my offense also be 2x population size? Should it be balanced between cavalry and infantry (sacrificing speed as a result), or just go for lots of fast and powerful cavalry?

Also, how do you go about getting the right targets? Do you just attack the weak and defenseless? What if your scouts turn up dead? Do you send more or just look for an easier-to-scout target?

-Chiefess
Back to top Go down
ickle
Imperian
ickle

Female
Number of posts : 252
Role : Forum admin and Leader
Title : Forum Goddess
Registration date : 2007-08-30

Army proportions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army proportions?   Army proportions? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 2:55 am

Chiefess wrote:
Okay, so they say it's wise to have 2 times the defense of your population, or more. But what about relative propotions?

Currently, I aim to have 300 Phalanx, 150 Druidriders, and 150 Haeduans as a protective force for a city of 300 population. I figured having 50% infantry 50% cavalry would be a good idea?

But what about attacking units? Should my offense also be 2x population size? Should it be balanced between cavalry and infantry (sacrificing speed as a result), or just go for lots of fast and powerful cavalry?

Also, how do you go about getting the right targets? Do you just attack the weak and defenseless? What if your scouts turn up dead? Do you send more or just look for an easier-to-scout target?

-Chiefess
I would say a larger defense than offense prob about 1.5 - 2 times as many defense than offense. Druidriders are better defenders all round but it doesnt hurt to have about the same in phalanx so i'd say you got the proportions just right. Also at least 10 scouts in each village then at least you are able to kill scouts people send even if you just kill 5 out of 50 youve got some of them.
I always go for the smaller villages and try for people with one village as they are less likely to have a large force to come from another village to strike back with, if you lose your scouts and they have lots of troops i say move on.
Back to top Go down
https://taranisthunderers.rpg-board.net

Army proportions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army proportions?   Army proportions? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 3:45 am

Thanks for the advice!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Army proportions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army proportions?   Army proportions? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 6:07 am

Ah yes, thanks. I was wondering the same thing.
Thanks for asking the Q too. Smile
Back to top Go down
ickle
Imperian
ickle

Female
Number of posts : 252
Role : Forum admin and Leader
Title : Forum Goddess
Registration date : 2007-08-30

Army proportions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army proportions?   Army proportions? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 3:44 pm

your welcome thats what I'm here for to answer your questions, keep asking them aswell helps you and other members who read the question and answer
Back to top Go down
https://taranisthunderers.rpg-board.net

Army proportions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army proportions?   Army proportions? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 9:59 am

i have resaerched chefin buut were do you buy them from Question
Back to top Go down

Army proportions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army proportions?   Army proportions? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 11:22 am

palace/resadence
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Army proportions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army proportions?   Army proportions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Army proportions?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Taranis Thunderers, Strength and Honour :: Questions and FAQ-
Jump to: